What are Blackout Blinds?
Blackout blinds are an extremely popular request all over the UK. For some rooms, like conservatories, the room temperature would be unbearable without them.
There are two types of blinds that you can optionally add blackout lining to, within the Perfect Fit frame:
- Roller Blinds
- Pleated Blinds
Advantages of the Perfect Fit system
Of course you don’t need to have the perfect fit frame system to add blackout lining to your blinds, there’s numerous benefits to it:
- The frame prevents any light entering from the sides of the blind, so you can near-completely block out the light entering the room
- For doors and regularly opened windows, you’ll be able to access it as normal – including the handles – without ever having to move the blind
- It clips into doors, conservatories, and windows without any drilling or screws, so you won’t void your guarantee
- The control tab allows you to quickly and easily change the position of the blind, without any cords, so it’s safe for children and simple to adjust when the sunlight position moves
As for blackout blinds in general, they’re great for helping you get a better sleep, reducing the glare on the TV or a laptop screen, and anywhere you would like to block the sunlight entering the room.
You can take this a step further with thermal lining, also available in the PF frame, so you can reduce the temperature of the room too.
While there are many great benefits, there are a couple disadvantages to consider:
- Not all fabrics are available with blackout lining, so if you want to have some blackout lined blinds, and others not, you should consider this before choosing the non-lined ones
- PerfectFit’s can be installed on 95% of uPVC windows, which is great for almost everyone, but you’ll want to make sure you’re not in the 5% (a local advisor from Hillarys can help with that)
The PF system will only improve the blackout blind experience, by framing it to prevent even more light entering the room, and clipping it directly to the window for easier access to the window or door.