What are Roller Blinds?
Roller blinds, often referred to as “pull down blinds” are one of the most common types of window blinds you’ll see in the UK.
They’re extremely adaptable, most manufacturers offering hundreds of fabric colours or pattern choices, and can be customised to suit any room.
For windows, doors, and conservatories they’re a stylish way of providing more control over light in your room – and can easily be rolled down to completely darken the room. Especially with a blackout fabric.
Why Choose Roller Blinds in the Perfect Fit Frame?
The Perfect Fit Frame removes the need for cords, so there’s no free-hanging cords to pull for controlling the blind. Which is especially great if you have children around the home.
It does this by using a “tab control” system.
Simply raise or lower the tab, and the roller blind will remain in that position.
On top of that, there are numerous other benefits to the PF system:
- No drilling, holes, nor screws or holes will be made into your window/door frames, so you can keep your guarantee
- The roller blinds fit against the window, so you can continue to open it without it swinging out, and you can access handles without needing to make adjustments first
- For blackout fabrics, the frame will completely prevent light entering the room
- Can be fitted to windows, doors, and conservatories
- Any roller blind fabric can be used to match the rest of your home
The Potential Downsides of Fitted Roller Blinds
While the tab control system will allow you to easily control the Roller blind, therefore the light entering the room. It won’t provide as much control as a Venetian blind would, also available in the PF frame.
That’s because you’re limited by either letting the light in, or not. You can cover half of the window as an example, preventing the sun from directly hitting yourself – or more importantly – the TV when you’re trying to watch it.
But with a Venetian, you could simply tilt them and point the light in another direction – still letting it enter the room.
For most people, this probably won’t matter. Pulling it down until the glare is reduced is more than enough, and the blackout lining will provide a significantly better block out solution. It is something to consider though.
There are 2 additional downsides to consider:
- The Perfect Fit system can be installed on 95% of uPVC window frames. If you’re not sure if you’re in the 95%, consider contacting a reputable supplier like Hillarys for a home appointment first. They’ll be able to consult you.
- There will be an additional cost for the frame. Though this should be more than worth it if it saves voiding your guarantee, and/or wasting your window sill space.
The Verdict on PF Rollers
Rollers are a beautiful, timeless solution for furnishing your window and providing additional privacy and light control.
The PerfectFit frame makes that experience even better, especially for doors, conservatories, or windows that are accessed regularly.
If you’re considering it, we highly recommend you give our recommended supplier, Hillarys, a call and arrange a home appointment with your local advisor.